You most likely know that protecting your oral health is important. Of course, you also don’t assume you’re doing anything that could lead to serious side effects for your smile. However, you might be curious nonetheless about different types of dental damage, whether you’re really doing your best to avoid them, and how to distinguish between a minor injury and something requiring immediate care. We have just the help you need in the form of a quick quiz. When in doubt, give us a call and schedule a visit!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If your tooth is cracked, it always affects your oral health.
- True or False: When you chip a tooth, it exposes nerves and you will need a root canal treatment.
- True or False: Tooth loss can only happen as the result of a strong impact.
- False. Not necessarily. If you are suffering from a true crack to your tooth then yes, it will affect your oral health and you will require treatment to repair the damage. However, if you are dealing with a cosmetic crack (a hairline crack we know as a craze line) then your smile is just fine. You may, however, make your tooth more attractive with cosmetic care.
- False. Not necessarily! If you break your tooth, this is true. However, if you simply chip the enamel (which is the outer layer protecting your tooth), it won’t lead to serious oral health problems. However, you may wish to fix it with bonding.
- False. Multiple problems can lead to tooth loss. An impact, severe decay, infection, periodontal disease, and more can lead to loss.
ABOUT YOUR LONGVIEW, TX, DENTISTS:
At DentaCare Dental in Longview, TX, we focus on advanced technology, education, and comfort to offer every patient a pleasant experience and excellent dental care. To schedule a consultation, call our Longview, TX, office today at (903) 215-8223. For optimal convenience, we also serve patients at our other location in Tyler, TX.