When you hear us referencing advanced digital imaging for your smile, you probably think it sounds impressive. It might make you feel good knowing that we offer modern technology in our practice. However, once the initial glamour of the term wears off, you might start wondering what it is exactly that we can do and what all of our equipment is there for. You might even already have some general knowledge on the details. Find out for sure with our quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A CT scan is a type of advanced digital imaging that we perform in order to learn more about the changes in the lining of your mouth through 2D findings.
- True or False: To take a closer look at the surfaces of the tissues inside your mouth, we can take a high-resolution image with the use of an intraoral camera.
- True or False: Digital X-rays of your mouth are extremely easy to handle because we can both upload them instantly to our system and we can send them to other offices (such as specialists) if necessary.
- False. A CT scan is a type of digital imaging that gives us the ability to gather a 3D image of your smile, which often becomes essential when we are planning restorative or prosthetic treatments for you.
- True. This is absolutely the case! The camera is probably much smaller than you think, too. With just a tiny lens, we can take a picture and then look at a detailed, larger visual of the inside of your mouth.
- True. One of the major benefits of the digital X-ray is the fact that we can capture the image and have it available for viewing, use, and sending so quickly. No chemicals or film processing required. Just software and a computer system.
ABOUT YOUR TYLER, TX, DENTISTS:
At DentaCare Dental in Tyler, TX, we focus on advanced technology, education, and comfort to offer every patient a pleasant experience and excellent dental care. To schedule a consultation, call our Tyler, TX, office today at (903) 758-5921. For optimal convenience, we also serve patients at our other location in Longview, TX.