You know when we talk about preventive care that we are discussing all of the treatments and techniques for keeping your smile healthy by avoiding problems. You probably also know that it’s highly preferable to stop issues from developing than to let them occur and then to try to treat them. What you might not know, however, is the full extent of what we include within our preventive dentistry services. To ensure you’re fully informed regarding how well you can protect your smile, we encourage you to browse some important details.
First off, you know that caring for your smile means keeping it as clean as you can, removing plaque regularly, and watching out for any changes (so we can treat them before they become problematic). To achieve this area of preventive care, we offer treatments related to optimal hygiene, including the following:
- Dental Cleanings: During a cleaning, we remove plaque and tartar that you miss at home (and then polish your smile).
- Dental Checkups: During a checkup, we examine your entire smile, looking for hygiene-related or functional changes.
Functional Disorder Prevention
Beyond the cleanliness of your smile is the way it functions (or the way it all works together). When something is off, the entire system is in a bit of decline. We can protect you with preventive care by identifying functional concerns and treating them right away, so your function remains in good condition. We offer:
- Bruxism Treatment: This prevents damage that can occur due to teeth grinding or clenching.
- TMJ Treatment: This treatment prevents damage that can occur due to jaw joint malfunction.
- Sleep Apnea Treatment: This prevents the throat tissue collapse that leads to obstructed breathing and interrupted nightly sleep.
ABOUT YOUR LONGVIEW, TX, DENTISTS:
At DentaCare Dental in Longview, TX, we focus on advanced technology, education, and comfort to offer every patient a pleasant experience and excellent dental care. To schedule a consultation, call our Longview, TX, office today at (903) 215-8223. For optimal convenience, we also serve patients at our other location in Tyler, TX.