Is your basic knowledge of dental crowns quite impressive? Or, do you feel like you’re lacking just a little bit when it comes to reaching expert-level status regarding crown education? Fortunately, getting to know the basics isn’t very challenging. It can even offer you a lot of clarity regarding why you might need a crown someday and how it could benefit your smile. Check the status of how much you currently know (or improve it a bit) with our crown quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A dental crown is an artificial tooth that we use to cover your tooth when damage has occurred.
- True or False: A crown is composed of a particular material based on the functional and esthetic needs of your smile.
- True or False: If your tooth is healthy but cosmetic damage is extensive, there are instances in which we suggest a crown instead of other options.
- True. A dental crown is certainly a tooth composed of artificial material. We offer zirconia, porcelain, gold, and porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns.
- True. You don’t choose a crown arbitrarily. Instead, we select a material that will work best for the location within your mouth (for instance, back teeth require a stronger crown) and one that will protect the cosmetic appeal of your smile (we prefer to place lifelike crowns on visible teeth instead of metal).
- True. Sometimes, a veneer does not offer adequate camouflaging of cosmetic damage. A crown may provide a suitable alternative.
ABOUT YOUR TYLER, TX, DENTISTS:
At DentaCare Dental in Tyler, TX, we focus on advanced technology, education, and comfort to offer every patient a pleasant experience and excellent dental care. To schedule a consultation, call our Tyler, TX, office today at (903) 758-5921. For optimal convenience, we also serve patients at our other location in Longview, TX.